Mystery and crime books from Australia. News, views, reviews, releases and author appearances - crime fiction in Australia. Crime novels, mystery novels, detective stories, police procedural books, thrillers and soft-boiled mysteries

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Review a True Crime Book For Me

Last week I tacked the germ of an idea for a little “competition” to offer a free book to the first person to send me a review of either of the 2 Australian true crime books that were released this month. The books in question are The Devil’s Garden by Debi Marshall and Killing Jodie by Janet Fife-Yeomans. The offer still stands but I thought it would be a good idea to give it a bit more prominence. So if you’ve read either of these books and would like to contribute a review I’d be happy to accept it – or even if you’re planning to read one, let me know.

Speaking of true crime, J. Kingston Pierce over at
The Rap Sheet has brought to our attention a brand new blog cleverly named In Cold Blog devoted to true crime cases. The contributors to the blog are true crime authors and reviewers (around 30, apparently), mainly from the US. Having a quick look myself I can safely say that the blog’s content is simply outstanding, certainly required reading for anyone who enjoys true crime books.

No comments: