Mystery and crime books from Australia. News, views, reviews, releases and author appearances - crime fiction in Australia. Crime novels, mystery novels, detective stories, police procedural books, thrillers and soft-boiled mysteries

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The 123 Meme

I've been tagged to take part in the latest meme that's doing the rounds at the moment. The tagger is none other than Katherine Howell, author of 2 fantastic thrillers - Frantic and the about to be released The Darkest Hour.


Here are the meme rules:


1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.


Okey-doke, as it turns out I finished reading The Darkest Hour not half an hour before turning on the computer and have moved on to another book that's abou to be released. So the book that qualifies as "the nearest book" is...


A Deadly Business by Lenny Bartulin


Page 123, sentences 6, 7 & 8 read thusly:


Jack almost went over and laid one on her. But as her face darkened, he realised now was probably not a good time.

'I've got to send some faxes,' she said.


Like Duane Swierczinski, I'm breaking rule 5 of the meme and will only be tagging 4 people, seeing as the meme has been doing the rounds for a while now. So it's time for me to spread the love, so I tag Angela Savage, Daniel Hatadi, Tony Park, Lee Bemrose at TwoBlueFish

2 comments:

Peter Rozovsky said...

You've been memed yet again. Here is what you must do before you can resume nuisance-free blogging:

Link to the person who tagged you.

Post the rules of this meme on your blog. Then -- and this is the fun part -- write six random things about yourself in a blog post.

Then you get to inflict the same joy on six more people by asking them to do what I'm asking you to to, and link to them in your post.

Let each person know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

And thanks!

==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Damien,
It took me a while but I got around to doing the 123 meme. It's here: http://angelasavage.wordpress.com/2008/05/02/123-meme/ I've taken a step back from book #2 to do a short consulting job here in Phnom Penh but plan to resume writing in a week or two. Once I get a bit more time, I'll also blog about a recent trip I made to the west of Thailand to scope some settings.
Hope all's well with you,
Angela