- Stevie arrests a cyber predator who has set up a face to face meeting with the young girl he thought he had been chatting with.
- Bianca Webster runs to the park hoping to meet Daniel, a boy she has been chatting to on-line. She meets a man instead.
- Detective Inspector Monty Maguire is called to a crime scene. A young girl’s body has been found thrown in a dumpster. She has been raped and then asphixiated.
- A suspect in the murdered girl case is found shot to death in his car.
- There’s an important link connecting the shooting death and an earlier murder.
- Child abuse and paedophilia runs through the story, grimly joining all the threads together.
There's a lot going on here with an on-line paedophile ring in operation around the Perth area, preying on young girls through a type of fan site. The murders that take place look completely unrelated on the surface but the mere fact they are mentioned in the book tell us there's more to them than is first represented. The question is: how are they related?
Complementing the well-crafted plot, which has been constructed with noticeable attention to detail, Felicity Young also makes sure the relationship between Stevie and Monty progresses satisfactorily. There is a definite hint that there will be another book to come involving these characters.